7.02.2011

Grilled Pork Tenderloin and Garlicky Potato Salad


I have been struggling lately.  Not with lifting some heavy object or being forced to speak in public (which I did at our HOA meeting in March about just about blew chunks from nerves).  You see, I've gone back to work and I am struggling to find that balance among kids, husband, house, errands, work, and my favorite thing ever: cooking, gardening, and blogging.


I'm finding myself in a bad mood because I don't have the same amount of time to devote to the planning, purchasing, prepping, cooking, photographing, eating, and blogging of these meals.

I guess I'm selfish that way.


The work is part-time and temporary so I know at some point it will come to an end and I'll be back in my wonderful fantasy world of nothing but time on my hands.  Until then, I'll struggle.

I have been scouring for good, delicious weeknight meals that I can make after work that will actually be ready before 10 pm.  This recipe for Grilled Pork Tenderloin and Garlicky Potato Salad made it to the table by 7:30 (due to a long cocktail hour my husband and I shared before firing up the grill).

The pork is tender and moist. The potato salad is garlicky and super flavorful. The pork has an amazing crust and juicy interior.  And the salad is loaded with roasted red peppers and capers.  It's truly an easy weeknight meal that I was proud to serve to my family.



Grilled Pork Tenderloin and Garlicky Potato Salad
Serves 4
Time to table: about 30 minutes

2 lb. Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed and sliced into 3/4 inch disks
1/2 c. olive oil
3 T. white wine vinegar
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 t. brown sugar
salt & pepper
1/2 c. drained jarred roasted red peppers, chopped
3 T. drained capers
3 T. chopped fresh parsley
2 pork tenderloins (1-1/2 - 2 lb. total)

In a large bowl, toss potatoes and 2 tablespoons of oil.  Cover tightly with plastic wrap and nuke about 4-7 minutes, or until edges are translucent, shaking bowl halfway through cooking time.


While the taters are cooking, mix vinegar, garlic, 1 teaspoon brown sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl.  Slowly whisk in remaining oil until emulsified and lighter in color.  Stir in roasted peppers, capers, and parsley.  Set aside.


Pat pork dry with paper towels and season with salt, pepper, and remaining brown sugar.  Grill over high heat until browned on all sides and meat registers 145*, roughly 12 minutes.  Meanwhile, grill potatoes about 5 minutes per side, until there are char marks and they are tender.  Transfer pork to cutting board and tent with foil.  Toss potatoes with the dressing.  Season with salt & pepper.  Serve and enjoy!


Recipe from Cook's Country

No comments: