11.23.2013

Roasted Red Pepper & Swiss Dip


As a blogger, I am supposed to follow these asinine guidelines on how to promote my blog.  {In 1950's announcer voice} "You too can be a popular blogger if you just follow these simple rules..."  It's really overwhelming and annoying and self-absorbed bullshit, in my opinion.  I am going to eat some Roasted Red Pepper & Swiss Dip while I contemplate it. (See, I followed one of the rules - "make sure you put the name of your recipe in the first paragraph so search engines ping it).

For example, I'm supposed to comment on a bunch of blogs in order to get my name out there.  Forget it. Ain't nobody got time for dat! As much as I love reading my favorite blogs, I just don't usually have anything to say because they usually cover just about everything.

As far as my Facebook page goes, I refuse to inundate everyone's news feed with blog promos when all anyone really wants to see on Facebook is someone else's failures. Am I right?


I realize I'm going to offend some people with this next opinion.  I apologize in advance.  I can't bloody stand link-ups.  I understand why people do it, for sure.  I know it's a good way to "get your name out there."  I am just absolutely annoyed to death by link-ups of any kind, and ignore any link that comes from a link-up. Those kinds of things feel so self-serving (I know, that's the point!) but I just can't bring myself to participate.


Don't get me wrong - I judge not.  I respect all bloggers' decisions regarding promoting their blogs.  And truth be told, their blogs are probably waaaaaaay more known than this little thing.  In the end, I guess they really are smarter and better!

Yes, I sound like a bitter, grumpy old lady.  I'll just grab my tea cup, set it on my doily, and have a little bit of this rich and decadent Roasted Red Pepper & Swiss Dip while I watch Golden Girls.



Roasted Red Pepper & Swiss Dip

12 oz. (3 cups) Swiss cheese, shredded
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1 bunch scallions, sliced
1 T. Dijon mustard
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
12 oz. jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
chives for garnish (optional)
Crackers, sliced bread, toast points for serving

Pre-heat oven to 400º.

Mix 2 cups Swiss cheese and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl.  Place in baking dish (fits in 8x8 inch dish or smaller).  Top with remaining cheese.  Bake 15-20 minutes or until bubbly.


5 comments:

Markus said...

I hear your pain about link-ups and agree. I also like your honesty. The food looks great. Now I need someone else to put this together for me so I can eat it! Don't stop!

DorothyInman said...

I don't have time for anything these days with a two year old and one on the way! So I share in your frustration, but you are a step ahead of me because I didn't know some of those things. So thanks for the tips! I have a restricted diet and my mouth is watering trying to think of ways to recreate your recipe so I can eat it. Seriously I want this for breakfast.

Shannon Marie said...

Thanks, Markus! I won't stop, I promise!

DorthyInman, congrats on the bun in the oven! How exciting! I hope you can adapt this recipe to your diet restrictions. It's delicious. Let me know if you come up with a solution. I'd love to hear it.

Jon A said...

Even when the ingredients are things I don't like, I end up drooling (like my dog watching me eat). Incredible pictures and recipe's!!

Sara said...

This dip look fabulous! Yum yum yum. :)